Boards & Commissions
Silverton Boards & Commissions
View meetings, agendas, minutes, and members of Silverton's various boards, committees,
- Budget Committee
The Budget Committee meets annually to review and recommend the proposed City budget to the City Council. Appointed members must be 18 or older and qualified to vote within the City's election districts.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force The DEI Task Force provides feedback to the City Council on equity and inclusion in public processes, programs, and decision making including, but not limited to, auditing current services and policies, exploring City events, and providing input on City spaces and additional phases of the Civic Center project.
- Environmental Management Committee
This Committee was established in 2015 and makes recommendations to the City Council on issues regarding recycling, solid waste management, environmental issues and other similar matters.
- Historic Landmarks Commission
The Historic Landmarks Commission meets on an as needed basis. They identify, evaluate, and designate historic resources as landmarks.
- Planning Commission
The Planning Commission meets on a monthly basis. They recommend and make suggestions to the City Council and to all other public authorities concerning a multitude of issues which may include but are not limited to extending, parking, street locations, the establishment of setback lines, zone designations and other Land Use issues. Five of the seven members must reside inside the City limits and two members may reside within the City's Urban Growth Boundary.
- Tourism Promotion Committee
The Tourism Promotion Committee meets as needed, to review and provide recommendations to the City Council regarding grant applications promoting tourism in Silverton. One Member of the City Council serves on the Committee, and one Member may be a citizen and the other members must represent specific tourism industries and organizations as listed on the Committee page.
- Urban Renewal Agency
The City Council serves as the Urban Renewal Agency Board.
- Urban Renewal Agency Advisory Committee
This Committee was established in 2015 and makes recommendations to the Urban Renewal Agency.