Tourism Promotion Committee
The Silverton Tourism Promotion Committee (STPC) is a standing committee of the City of Silverton, formed in 2008. It meets as needed, to review and provide recommendations to the City Council regarding grant applications promoting tourism in Silverton. The grant funds come from a percentage of the Transient Occupancy Tax the City receives according to City ordinance and state statute.
The STPC is made up of eight (8) individuals, consisting of one representative from the following entities: a Hotel Owner/Operator; Bed & Breakfast Owner/Operator; Chamber of Commerce Board Member; Homer Davenport Community Festival Board Member; Silverton Fine Arts Association Board Member; Silverton Mural Society Board Member; a City Council Member; and an At-Large Appointee. Appointed members serve for a three-year term.
The committee typically meets in the spring and fall to review grant applications.
Grant Approval Criteri
- Provide a detailed description of your event/project
- Describe how this event/project promotes tourism and economic development
- Explain how you will increase the number of overnight stays
- Explain how you will track the overnight stays
- Submit a detailed budget, listing all funding including other sponsorships
- Demonstrate a Return on Investment
Silverton Inn & Suites
Birdwood Inn Bed & Breakfast
Meeting Agendas, Packets & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Packets are available prior to meetings.
Most Recent Packet | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All