Special Event Permits
Does your event need a Special Event Permit?
A Special Event is any event on city property involving a street closure, a parade, or where the attendees and/or participants will exceed 50 persons at any one time or during any one day of the event.
Examples of some types of Special Events may include, but are not limited to: concerts & performances, festivals & outdoor events, block parties, walks, runs, bike rides, sporting events, picnics/private groups and parades.
Permit Application Requirements
Special Events require a permit issued by the City. Additional documents which the City may also require before approving a permit include but are not limited to:
- Certificate of Insurance (required for all special events)
- City of Silverton Street Closure Permit
- Traffic control plan
- First aid/security plan
- Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and/or County approval
- Facility reservation form if event is to be held at City park or building
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) Permit
- City of Silverton Alcohol Permit
After receipt of the Special Event Permit Application, you may be contacted by the City if additional information is needed or to discuss the specific plans to accommodate the event and its impact upon the public.
Submission of Application for Permit
Applications can be obtained from and submitted to email@example.com or delivered to the Finance Department at:
City of Silverton
306 S. Water St.
Silverton, OR 97381
Applications must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the Event. For more information, please contact Chelsea Starner at 503-874-2281.