Transportation Advisory Committee
CITY OF SILVERTON SEEKING VOLUNTEERS
The City is recruiting volunteers to serve on a newly appointed Advisory Committee.
The City of Silverton is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC), a newly appointed Advisory Committee of the City Council. The TAC is a seven member Committee comprised of one Council member, one representative of the Public Works Department and five citizens.
Applications must be submitted online no later than Wednesday, October 25, 2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply now to ensure being considered. Applications are available at the following link: www.silverton.or.us/tacapp. Interviews will be conducted by the Mayor and individuals will be appointed in October by the City Council.
If you have any questions you may contact the City Clerk, Lisa Figueroa at 503-874-2216 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Powers and Duties
The TAC is an Advisory Committee and does not have any policy making authority. The TAC shall perform the following duties when requested to do so by the City Council, City Manager, or Public Works Director:
- Review and provide recommendations on transportation related issues.
- Review and provide comments and recommendations on the city’s traffic and circulation elements, and specific plans.
- Review and provide recommendations for Council on local, state, and federal transportation legislation affecting the City of Silverton.
- Review and provide recommendations on the city’s bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure systems.
- Establish an annual work plan to address transportation issues for consideration and approval by the City Council by November of each calendar year for the following year.
The TAC consists of seven (7) voting members to be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council.
- At least one member shall be an elected member of the City Council.
- The Public Works Director, or designee, shall also be a member.
- Five (5) citizen members
- Appointed for a term of three years
- Residents of the City or reside within its Urban Growth Boundary.