Parks & Recreation
COVID-19 Information for Parks & Recreation
City Parks, Pool & Trails
With Marion County's Phase 2 approval, the City of Silverton has partially lifted closure restrictions based on state protocols. Further updates will be provided on this page.
The following public areas are open daily, 6 a.m. to sunset, as long as you are practicing physical distancing; minimum separation of six (6) feet:
All City parks are open for use of open space areas and trails:
- The Silverton Reservoir & Marine Park is open for regular activities including boating and fishing per ODFW regulations. Please view the park rules for allowable activities, before visiting. For information on purchasing a parking pass for the Silverton Reservoir, please call 503-873-5321 and select Option 1.
- Playgrounds at City of Silverton parks are open, including Lincoln Park, Pioneer Park, and Coolidge McClaine Park. Physical distancing of at least six (6) feet between people from different households at outdoor playgrounds, tables, benches, and other gathering areas, should be maintained at all times. Hand washing or sanitizer is encouraged when patrons are in and around playground and picnic areas.
Park Reservations (Updated 9/3/2020)
Park reservations for 2020 are now closed for the season. Parks can be used on a first-come, first served basis. For events requiring a Special Event Permit (more than 50 people), please contact the Special Event Coordinator at 503-874-2206. Permits and supporting documents must be received no later than 45 days in advance of the event.
|My group size will be more than 50 people||A special event permit is required|
|I do not want to make a reservation to use a picnic area and have 50 or less attendees||Picnic spaces without a reserved sign are available on a first-come basis|
|I want to host an event or gathering on public property such as a street, sidewalk, or other public property that expected to have an uncommon impact on such public property or require the provision of public services.
||A special event permit may be required - contact the Special Event Coordinator
Guidelines for visiting Silverton parks:
- All visitors not from the same household must maintain 6’ of physical distancing AT ALL TIMES
- Do not come to a park if you or a member of your household are feeling sick
- Do not travel to parks outside of your home area
- Visit parks and recreate during off-peak hours when fewer people are there
Parks and Recreation operations are performed by the Public Works Maintenance Division. The City also has a cooperative agreement with the Silver Falls school district for public use of certain school grounds.
City Parks and Recreation Facilities Parks
The City of Silverton currently has eight parks including neighborhood parks, a marine park, a skate park and a dog park. Activities and facilities range from hiking trails, picnic areas, and children's play equipment to boating and fishing.
The Silverton Community Center Gym is located at 421 S Water Street. The gym is available for rent to City of Silverton residents and City of Silverton Organizations.
The Silverton Community Pool is maintained jointly by the Maintenance & Water Quality Divisions. Pool supervision, classes, and reservations are provided by the Silver Falls Family YMCA.