- If I Were Mayor Student Contest
If I Were Mayor Student Contest
The Oregon Mayors Association and the City of Silverton invite you to enter the "If I Were Mayor..." Contest.
The contest deadline has been extended and Mayor Palmer would like the question to be more specific. He is asking students at home to answer the following: “To Help Silverton Recover From COVID-19 (Coronavirus), If I Were Mayor, I Would.....” Local winners will be entered into the state contest for a chance to win a prize worth $500!
CONTEST DEADLINE EXTENDED TO: April 24, 2020
- All submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form. All forms for students under the age of 18 must be signed by the student’s parent or guardian. Entry forms may be photocopied.
- Send all submissions to the City of Silverton, Attn: Angela Speier at 306 S. Water Street or email@example.com.
- Only one submission per student will be accepted.
- State level submissions become the property of the Oregon Mayor’s Association (OMA).
- OMA retains the right to publish state level entries along with the names and likenesses of each student.
- The poster contest is open to students enrolled in grades 4 and 5 or being home-schooled at the same grade level for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Poster size must be a minimum of 17" and a maximum of 28" in height or width.
- Be creative and use any art medium.
- The student’s name and daytime phone number or email address for their parent or guardian must appear on the back of the poster.
- The essay contest is open to students enrolled in grades 6 through 8 or being home-schooled at the same grade level for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Essays must be 500 to 1,000 words in length and typed.
- The student’s name and daytime phone number or email address for their parent or guardian must appear at the top of the essay.
DIGITAL MEDIA PRESENTATIONS (Video, PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.):
- The digital media presentation contest is open to students enrolled in grades 9 through 12 or being home-schooled at the high school level for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Presentations must be one to three minutes in length and may be submitted on a disk or emailed.
- The student’s name and daytime phone number or email address for their parent or guardian must be written on the disk or disk sleeve.